Nothing says summer like coconut.
Get the most out of the last few weeks of summertime celebrations with this simple recipe.
Almost Homemade Coconut Cupcakes
1 pkg. white cake mix (2-layer size)
4 egg whites
1 can coconut cream (unsweetened)
1 pkg. (8 0z.) softened cream cheese
1/2 cup (1 stick) softened butter
4 cups confectioners’ sugar
3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
Reserve 2 tablespoons of the coconut cream for the frosting.
- Beat cake mix, remaining coconut cream, and egg whites in large bowl with electric mixer on low to moisten. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Spoon batter into 24 paper-lined muffin/cupcake tin, filling each 2/3 full.
- Bake as directed on cake mix box.
- Cool pans on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely.
- Beat butter, reserved coconut cream, and cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Gradually add confectioners’ sugar, beating on low speed until smooth.
- Stir in 3/4 cup coconut flakes (or reserve for garnish)
- Ice cupcakes